[phenixbb] phenix.refine output map format

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Fri Oct 24 22:25:39 PDT 2008

Hm... sorry, this doesn't ring any bells.

I've used fftw on 64-bit architectures (fftw3tbx module in cctbx)
without a problem.

We compile everything with -fno-strict-aliasing. In the past
I tried to cut corners by using -fno-strict-aliasing only for
some translation units. When I switched to compiling everything
with this option I didn't notice an impact on the runtime.

If it hangs in the pow() function, maybe there is a floating-point
problem?
Unfortunately, gcc's default "non-stop" handling of floating-point
exceptions is useless IMO. We install proper traps if possible.
When we started doing this, we found a whole bunch of numerical
problems that went unnoticed before. (The trap stuff is in
boost_adaptbx/meta_ext.cpp.)

Ralf