[phenixbb] Error in running Autosol....

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Sat Aug 15 12:49:18 PDT 2009

On Aug 15, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Thomas C. Terwilliger wrote:
> You can run from the command line in the same place you ran from the
> GUI
> by saying
>
> phenix.autosol autosol.eff debug=True
>
> because the GUI writes out autosol.eff when it runs, saving your
> inputs.
> Then you can override those values by putting debug=True on the
> command
> line.

One small correction to this: the .eff file gets written to a
different location now (not the current directory).  It will be in the
directory phenix/project_data/ in whatever the project directory is,
and it will have a name like "autosol_0.eff".  I only use these
internally in the GUI; to re-run the project, you should use the file
autosol.eff in whatever the output directory was, e.g.:

% phenix.autosol AutoSol_run_1_/autosol.eff debug=True

This has the final parameters that AutoSol actually used once it
started (it figures out some things automatically that the GUI doesn't
bother with).  If it works this way, there may be something wrong with
the GUI; I'll check and make sure nothing has broken, but it hasn't
changed recently (although the next build will have some unrelated
fixes).

-Nat

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab