[phenixbb] P43212 spacegroup change to C2221?

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 25 10:07:41 PDT 2009

Your ASU in P43212 contains a single homodimer?

P422 can be a perfect twin for P4. Or you may have an NCS operator
that's nearly parallel to a crystallographic axis. Or you may have both.

I would try scaling into P43 and molecular replace into that data.
Take the solution and rigid body refine (if reducing the symmetry
generates another molecule treat them as independent rigid bodies)
with and without NCS and with and without twinning as well as with
twinning and NCS.

A drop in R-factor in any of those rigid body refines could be
indicative of twinning.  Depending on the resolution you will want to
remove NCS (but keep twinning) for final refinements.

FR