[phenixbb] Tracing and refining b-strands at 3.3A resolution

Phil Jeffrey pjeffrey at Princeton.EDU
Wed Aug 26 08:43:33 PDT 2009

Ralf et al.

My question with this approach is that is there any potential to have a
negative effect on refining the structure, given that one is introducing
a number of bonds with relatively high average deviations from the mean
?  The rest of the bonded (covalent) geometry has an rms in the range
0.004 - 0.015 (-ish) but this is one to two orders of magnitude tighter
than a hydrogen bond.  Is the target function sophisticated enough to
handle this or is there a problem with treating hbonds and covalent
bonds as peers ?

Phil Jeffrey
Princeton