[phenixbb] Tracing and refining b-strands at 3.3A resolution

Sean Johnson sean.johnson at usu.edu
Thu Aug 27 14:53:18 PDT 2009

Gino,

My lab recently refined a 3.4 A structure and dealt with similar
problems. We found that using secondary structure restraints was the
only effective way to maintain reasonable geometry during refinement. It
is kind of a daunting task to input all of the definitions by hand, so
we wrote a couple python scripts that are integrated with PyMol to write
the appropriate restraint definition files. All you have to do is click
on the atoms that you want restrained. You are welcome to the scripts if
you like. Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Sean Johnson