[phenixbb] Best first map for RESOLVE after MR

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Aug 30 10:22:15 PDT 2009

Hi Peter,

I guess this my reply will not replace Tom's or Randy's one...

> Should it be the 2mFo-DFc map directly from Phaser or would it be
> better to do rigid body refinement in phenix.refine and use the bulk
> solvent corrected 2mFo-DFc map ?

- why don't you try using both options and choose the best outcome?

- running a round of rigid body refinement in phenix.refine and using
its 2mFo-DFc map will not hurt at least or may make your model and
therefore the map better, so you will have a better starting point.