[phenixbb] refinement

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 10 08:31:25 PST 2009

Hi Pei-Chun,

the target function for coordinates refinement that is used in
phenix.refine is following:

T = wxc_scale * wxc * Txray + wc * Trestraints

where: wxc is determined automatically, wc =1 by default, and wxc_scale
= 0.5 by default. A user can adjust wxc_scale or wc.

Responding your question about "put much more weight on geometry
restraints": you can do it either by decreasing wxc_scale or by
increasing wc. I would try an array of values for wxc_scale to see which
one gives the best result.

Please let me know if it's still not clear or if you have any other
questions!

Pavel.