[phenixbb] queueing systems

Thomas Stout tstout at exelixis.com
Fri Dec 18 14:56:21 PST 2009

We don't use PHENIX, but we do use several queueing systems on three different clusters.

SGE is bulletproof and highly recommended.

Condor has some degree of "evilness" -- especially under Windows.  I have found it prone to grabbing resources indiscriminately and also being very, very resistant to uninstallation.  Your mileage may vary.

Certain implementations of "torque" are broken - stay away, or at least be very cautious and enter with your eyes open.

Cheers,
Tom