[phenixbb] modification of nonbonded geo restraints between symmetry mates

Alejandro Buschiazzo alebus at pasteur.edu.uy
Tue Feb 3 03:10:53 PST 2009

Dear PHENIX users,

I wonder what is the 'correct' way of (re)defining geometric restraints
among atoms.

Here's what I need to do : I have several cations that are chelated by
protein residues; some of them involve residues from the same monomer,
yet others involve atoms from both the ASU monomer as well as crystal
neighbors (i.e. symmetry mates).
I see that in the .geo file, these parameters are taken into account as
nonbonded simple and nonbonded asu respectively ... how can I change the
ideal distances to get proper Zn+2 coordination bonds for both kind of
partners?

Thank you in advance for your help!

--
Alejandro Buschiazzo, PhD