[phenixbb] Failed to carry out AutoBuild_parallel_omit

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 26 07:41:34 PST 2009

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry for this problem, and also for the opaqueness of some of the
error messages you can get from autobuild because it is running jobs
as sub-processes.

This one I have not seen, but it probably has to do with the contents
of the file:

	/home/thomas/phenix_omitmap/AutoBuild_run_1_/TEMP0/RUN_FILE_1

which is a command file to run a sub-process.

Here are some things to try:

Run this file directly like this:

	cd /home/thomas/phenix_omitmap/AutoBuild_run_1_/TEMP0/
	./RUN_FILE_1

Does it run? (It should bomb right away if it is going to fail).  If
it runs...then there is something really weird because it didn't run
when called from autobuild.

If it doesn't run...then let's see why.  Edit the first line of the
file from

	#!/bin/csh -f

to add "v" for verbose:

	#!/bin/csh -fv

Now run it again....what is the printout? It should print out
everything it is about to do, then do it, so the last thing printed
out is what failed.  Does this give any hints?

If that doesn't provide something obvious to do, then if you can send
me the RUN_FILE_1 file I can have a look.

All the best,
Tom T