[phenixbb] refine with experimental phases

Phil Evans pre at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 08:06:56 PST 2009

Hi

I'm running Phenix
   Version: 1.4
   Release tag: 3

doing a refinement with experimental phase restraints (HL coefficients)

Are the experimental phases now included in the map coefficients? If
so, with what weight? Are there parameters affecting this?

I'm asking because there is one region of the map where the
experimental phased density is significantly different from the model
(perhaps from non-isomorphism of the major derivative), and in the map
from phenix.refine the electron density follows the model, whereas in
refmac, which does generate phase-combined map coefficients, the map
density follows the experimental phases.

(probably I shouldn't be using this non-isomorphous derivative in the
refinement, but that's a different question)

Phil