[phenixbb] cif links for ligands bound to atoms in alternative conformation.

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 20 21:47:10 PDT 2009

Hi Maia,

I might be misunderstanding your question, but can't you define the bond
between these atoms using "custom bonds":

http://phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm#anch80

?

You can select such atom like this:

"chain X and resseq 123 and name YZ and altloc A"

You can experiment with atoms selections (to see which exactly atoms you
are selecting) using this very handy tool:

phenix.pdb_atom_selection model.pdb "your_atom_selection_string"

Pavel.