[phenixbb] phaser MR

sbiswas2 at ncsu.edu sbiswas2 at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 23 14:09:55 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I was trying to solve a structure by molecular replacement. I scaled the
data in P4222 space group (resolution 2.7A) with two molecules in the
assymmetric unit (molecule A and B) I ran phaser with my model and got a
Zscore of 5.1. When I look at the map that I got from phaser I could
easily see good electron density for both molecules, However upon
inspection of the electron density map there were considerable interaction
or clashes with molecule B and a symmetry atom. Molecule A had no clashes
however with the symmetry atoms. I was wondering if anyone knows how to
resolve this.  Could it be a problem of space group. The statistics are
good for space group P4222 and the I/sigI was good till 2.7A.
Any advice is appreciated,
Shya