[phenixbb] phenix and PAE kernels

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Fri Jun 12 11:00:23 PDT 2009

> > Sorry if this is a naive question, but is there a known bug with
> > phenix (or python?) on PAE kernels?

Thanks for the "PAE" clue! This finally sheds some light on the strange
error you get, which I've seen a few times before.
In my experience, even compiling from sources (including Python)
doesn't help. I'm guessing the error will need to be fixed in Python.
This may not happen quickly.
Can you reboot your system without PAE?
Starting with Fedora 11, which just came out this week, 64-bit kernels
are the default even on 32-bit machines. IMO that's the best way forward.
(The Fedora 11 system we have has been stable for the few days it is up
and runs all the phenix tests without problems.)

Ralf