[phenixbb] How to apply geometry regularization to selected residues in phenix.pdbtools

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 24 08:24:42 PDT 2009

Hi Oliv,

phenix.pdbtools my.pdb  --geometry-regularization

applies to the whole structure. It's an overlook on my end - till today
I believed it uses atom selections. I will fix it.

For the moment you can you phenix.refine for this:

phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz strategy=individual_sites
main.bulk_solvent=false wxc_scale=0 refine.sites.individual="chain A and
resseq 123"

By using wxc_scale=0 you ask phenix.refine to ignore experimental data
(although you still have to give a data file, but in this case you can
use a fake one).

Pavel.