[phenixbb] refinement question

Maia Cherney chern at ualberta.ca
Fri Jun 26 14:38:28 PDT 2009

Hi Pavel,
Thank you for your letter. You mentioned "unless it is highly systematic
and consistent observation .."
Yes, it is highly systematic and consistent for these data. I continue
to refine this structure with both strategies (with  and without ncs).
Weights optimization keeps the same difference between Rfee factors
(improves both). I liked the suggestion by Engin to keep the ncs, but
remove some offending residues from the ncs restraints. (There are such
residues that have slightly different conformations and they get moved
out of density by the ncs restraints).

Maia