[phenixbb] Restraints on water molecules

Engin Ozkan eozkan at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 8 21:52:54 PDT 2009

Thanks Pavel, you are as prompt and helpful as always.

I agree that fixing waters sounds like a very, very bad idea.  I am only
thinking of adding restraints for waters coordinating metals (with
appropriate sigma), where water-metal distance can easily get down to 2
A (A possibly bigger issue that I haven't given much thought to might be
that such a water ends up being very close  (~3.2-3.5 A) to four more
metal-coordinating oxygens; that may look impossible from a hydrogen
bonding water point-of-view).  Playing with water selection criteria
would have global effects, quite significant in a structure with 800
water molecules (as of yet). I think I'll stick with what I was doing,
or maybe add a last ordered_solvent=False to the refinement at the end.

Engin