[phenixbb] Can Phenix do MR with medium/low res EM models?

Gino Cingolani cingolag at upstate.edu
Thu Mar 19 08:01:37 PDT 2009

Hi Phenix community,

I was wondering if Phenix can handle MR starting from medium/low res EM
models.
I have a very large oligomeric protein (2.4MDa) with lots of NCS and >450
Se-Mets.
In principle, I could use low res MR phases from the "replaced" model to
locate Se-sites and
then NCS-averaging to locate more sites and improve my phases.

Any suggestions how to get Phenix to use an EM model?
Has anybody done it successfully using Phenix?

Thanks in advance,

Gino

Gino Cingolani, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
SUNY Upstate Medical University
750 E. Adams Street, Syracuse, NY, 13210
Tel.   (315) 464 8744
Fax.  (315) 464 8750
Email:  cingolag at upstate.edu