[phenixbb] weight optimization

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Mar 29 16:57:03 PDT 2009

Hi Peter,

although occupancy refinement is listed among the strategies performed
by default, in fact phenix.refine by default will only refine
occupancies of atoms that are 1) not equal to 1.0 in your input PDB
file, 2) having multiple conformations (alternative conformations).

If you don't have such atoms in your input PDB file, then no occupancy
refinement will be performed. At 3.0A resolution, I wouldn't think you
have any partially occupied sites (well, they may be present in the
actual structure but you wouldn't see it at this rather low resolution),
therefore you probably shouldn't worry about turning the occupancy
refinement off.

Pavel.