[phenixbb] Selection of R-free set for twin refinement

Boaz Shaanan bshaanan at bgu.ac.il
Wed May 6 12:54:41 PDT 2009

Hi Peter,

I went ahead and tried your suggestion in phenix.refine. With this parameter in the command line

xray_data.r_free_flags.generate=True

 but without twin_law="whatever" parameter, the program does not have any clue about twinning and the refinement indeed ignores it, at least by the look of the progress (I didn't let it go to the end and then check the resulting mtz file). On the other hand, with twin_law="whatever" all is OK. In fact I also got an answer to my second question in the previous message, i.e. that a new R-free set is selected even thought the incoming mtz file had a previously selected R-free set (by scala). I guess I should use the new mtz file from now on and not use xray_data.r_free_flags.generate=True anymore, is this correct ?

 Cheers,

             Boaz