[phenixbb] regarding ncs distance - .geo file

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sat Nov 21 09:51:38 PST 2009

Hi Maia,

just looking at distances is not enough: in addition, one needs to look
at how those residues appear in maps. It's a part of planned
improvements of NCS refinement.

However, for the moment phenix.refine stops prompting the user to check
the NCS groups and problem residues. I saw a number of cases where this
helped to identify wrong NCS selections due to atom selection syntax errors.

Pavel.