[phenixbb] AutoMR and capsids

SIPPEL,KATHERINE H ksippel at ufl.edu
Thu Oct 22 09:08:40 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I am currently trying to use AutoMR to do molecular replacement on
an icosahedral virus capsid. It is a T=1 capsid so there are 60
copies of the monomer per capsid and based on the Matthews
coefficient there are ~3 capsids in the unit cell. The search
model is 99% identical (thank God) but I am unsure how to approach
this.

Do I used the 60-mer as the model and search for three copies? Do
I use a monomer for the model and search for 180 copies? Should I
break the model down to smaller pieces (i.e. a 30-mer and
copies=6, or 12-mer and copies=15)?

I would appreciate any help I can get on this one.

Thanks,

Katherine

--
SIPPEL,KATHERINE H