[phenixbb] Very poor density, but very important loops

Waight, Andrew Andrew.Waight at med.nyu.edu
Fri Oct 23 11:57:22 PDT 2009

Hello All,

               I am putting the finishing touches on my structure, a novel membrane protein channel. The data extends to 2.1A and the R factors are currently at ~17/21. However there is a certain loop/helical region where the density gets pretty poor, Unfortunately this is a relatively important ligand binding site so I would like to extract as much information from my patchy blobs as possible. I am wondering if generating a kick map would be useful in this scenario. If so am I missing something other than setting use_kick_maps = True and adding a couple more map definition labels (as described by Pavel)? Also does anyone have any advanced technique suggestions for this type of circumstance, i.e. would it make sense to combine multiple reflection datasets? Thanks so much for all your help, I am a true phenix enthusiast and feel like I owe quite a bit to all of you who have made this amazing program possible.

                                              Drew Waight

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.