[phenixbb] Phaser-Gui question

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 11 11:41:53 PDT 2009

On Sep 11, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Jonathan Grimes wrote:
>  Thanks for the response.  I did think about
>  opening multiple gui windows but was concerned
>  about possible conflicts when writing to
>  databases (i assume there is one).

Sorry, my reply wasn't entirely clear - you should definitely not
launch Phenix a second time, for exactly that reason, but a single
session can have as many windows open as you want.  You just need to
click the phenix.refine button on the main GUI and it will open
another window.  These shouldn't conflict at all as far as databases
are concerned.  (The main limitation right now is that they'll compete
for control of Coot or PyMOL if you have those open.)

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136
NEchols at lbl.gov