[phenixbb] low resolution map

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 16 12:08:02 PDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Pei-Chun Lin wrote:
> I have spent several months working on a MAD data (3.5 Ang) and
> already build 70% of the model (R/Rfree=30/40).
> Recently, I collected two dataset (pk and infl, both 3.1 Ang) from
> single point mutation, and native data(3.3 Ang).
> I first tried to use phenix autosol to generate a new map by using
> point mutation dataset,
> but failed to generate a reasonable map for unknown reason (phenix
> complained different cell dimensions)

If the cell dimensions are significantly different, rebuilding the
model using both the 3.5A and 3.1A datasets will probably not work.
The model is definitely good enough to try running molecular
replacement with the 3.1A data (either wavelength - whichever is
higher-quality).  If you use AutoMR it will also automatically run
AutoBuild.

(As for the hires_file, you can only specify one of these.)

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136
NEchols at lbl.gov