[phenixbb] Optimization of the mask parameters in PHENIX

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Apr 11 18:26:28 PDT 2010

Hi Pascal,

just a remark: the next available nightly build will do optimization of
mask parameters (r_solvent and r_shrink) by default. By "next" I mean
whatever version appears after April 10.

Typically, optimization of mask parameters can make a visible difference
for low resolution structures, lower than 3A. Sometimes it can be ~0.5A
but I've seen cases with 2-3 % improvement.

Pavel.