[phenixbb] MTZ files

Kyle Dolan ktd at uchicago.edu
Sun Apr 18 12:53:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use the Phenix 1.3 software to solve a structure. After using
AutoSol to generate initial phases from a MAD experiment at low resolution
(5.0 A), I ran AutoBuild using the solve.mtz output file from AutoSol and a
.sca file for higher resolution native data that I had collected from a
second crystal. Since my target structure includes both protein and DNA,
however, I ran several iterations of AutoBuild changing the parameters for
building protein or DNA, including different models, playing with
rebuild_in_place, etc. But now that I'm ready to move into manual building
and refinement, I have a ton of MTZ files from my AutoBuild runs and I don't
know which one(s) I should be using for my maps to guide my model-building,
and which one I should consider as "the original" to use in a refinement
program like phenix.refine or Refmac. Can anyone help put me on the right
path?

Cheers,
Kyle

Kyle T. Dolan