[phenixbb] Phenix.refine in WinXP?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 21 13:23:38 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Dima Klenchin <klenchin at wisc.edu> wrote:

> Now that Phenix has a nice GUI and all that, will there ever be a Windows
> version?

Short answer: probably better than 50% odds of this happening, but we don't
have a timeline for it.  Since Python and wxPython are cross-platform and we
have some support for Windows anyway, once Ralf drives a stake through the
heart of FORTRAN it will be much easier, but Windows has so little in common
with Mac and Linux that it will still require a substantial amount of effort
to create something complete and bug-free (and automated - this is the
really hard part).  I'd estimate at least several months' work between Ralf
and me, and we both have many other more urgent items on our to-do lists.

4. If I just run phenix.refine executable from its directory, it stops with
> en error:
>  File "c:\cci_apps_sources\mmtbx\secondary_structure.py", line 941, in
> run_ksdssp_direct
>    raise RuntimeError, "KSDSSP not available"
> RuntimeError: KSDSSP not available

This is my fault.  I'd recommend using the latest nightly build (the ones I
released are relatively stable).

-Nat