[phenixbb] Phenix.refine in WinXP?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Wed Apr 21 14:08:35 PDT 2010

Hi Dima,

> Thanks, that [almost] did it. setpaths.bat now runs without an error but
> evidently still does not set any paths. (At least none new is shown when I
> use SET command to display them).

If you just run

  path

do you see "cci_apps" in the output?
setpaths.bat is supposed to add one entry to the beginning of PATH
(that's all it does).
You need to repeat this in each new cmd.exe (unless you are an
expert and you somehow setup cmd.exe to execute cci_apps setpaths.bat
automatically).

> If, however, I provide path to
> phenix.refine.exe explicitly, it seems to run fine.

That's a good sign.

> If, say, I only use phenix.refine.exe, do I need to manually set any other
> paths besides this executable?

No, each of the commands in the "bin" directory updates all required
environment variables before launching the actual command doing the
work.

Ralf