[phenixbb] can phenix.refine create a diff of the current input file with the pdb from the last run before refining?

Scott Classen sclassen at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 22 10:54:53 PDT 2010

I see your point. I have a similar conundrum. It is a very minor point, and I'm sure there are many  other pressing issues for the developers.

phenix.refine model_refine_001.def  creates model_refine_001.pdb

I edit in Coot and save as model_001-coot-0.pdb

model_refine_002.def is expecting to see:

file_name = "model_refine_001.pdb"

Therefore I have to edit the def file to:

file_name = "model_refine_001-coot-0.pdb"

Perhaps there is some way to tell phenix.refine the preferred filename pattern. Like adding an addition output value (i.e. suffix).

~~~~~~~~~ snippet from theoretical def file ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
output {
    prefix = "model_refine"
    pdb_input_suffix = "editted"
    serial = 1
    serial_format = "%03d"

would produce:

file_name = "model_refine_001_editted.pdb"
in the next def file

 Scott