[phenixbb] apply_cif_link

Engin Ozkan eozkan at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 23 14:54:55 PDT 2010

Your problem might be because your definition of NGA (I hope you are
adding an NGA.cif, the phenix monomer library does not have a full
geometry description file) matches exactly the NGA you have in your PDB.
If they don't, modify atom names so they match perfectly. There are a
few ways you can do it, I guess. The easiest might be to get both the
PDB and the cif library file from HIC-UP/PRODRG. Or just look in your
pdb and read your cif file. The solution might be obvious, then.

Engin

P.S. What is NGA? Is it N-acetyl-D-glucosamine or
N-acetyl-D-galactosamine? For some reason, in the mon_lib_list.cif
(1.6.1), there is a line that says NAG-b-D (N-acetyl-D-glucosamine) is a
synonym for NGA, but then below NGA is called N-acetyl-D-galactosamine.
Could this be an error in the monomer library?