[phenixbb] how to generate sharpened map for input into Pymol

Daqi Tu dtu at red.dfci.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 24 11:23:38 PDT 2010

I found a convoluted way. Input Phenix map coefficients into CCP4 program
CAD, apply negative B factor scaling. Then input resulting mtz file into
CCP4 program FFT to generate CCP4 style map which Pymol can also read. I
have not tried the new Phenix command line tool phenix.maps and do not know
if it has B-factor sharpening option.  But would be nice to have it, like in
CNS 1.2.

Daqi