[phenixbb] DTT mediated disulfide crosslink across a crystallographic two-fold!

Joseph Noel noel at salk.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:54:25 PDT 2010

Hi Phenix Users,

I have found a beautifully ordered DTT molecule stretching across a crystallographic two-fold and linking two symmetry related cysteine side chains. Since part of this molecule sits on across the two-fold (special position) I will specify the occupancy as 0.5. I am hoping to get some information on how easy (or how difficult) it is to specify this arrangement in Phenix for refinement since it is covalent and sitting across a crystallographic two-fold (and presumably stabilizing the lattice). Will ReadySet build the appropriate CIF file if I build the DTT into the density and give it a 0.5 occupancy?

Joe
Joseph P. Noel, Ph.D.
Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Professor, The Jack H. Skirball Center for Chemical Biology and Proteomics
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
10010 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA  92037 USA

Phone: (858) 453-4100 extension 1442
Cell: (858) 349-4700