[phenixbb] DTT mediated disulfide crosslink across a crystallographic two-fold!

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 4 08:07:53 PDT 2010

  Hi Joe,

Ralf correct me if there is a better way of doing this...
You can define a bond between any selected atoms:

http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm#anch84

For example:

refinement.geometry_restraints.edits {
     excessive_bond_distance_limit = 10
     bond {
       action = *add delete change
       atom_selection_1 = chain A and resseq 123 and name SG
       atom_selection_2 = chain X and resseq 345 and name S1
       symmetry_operation = None
       distance_ideal = 2.1
       sigma = 0.02
       slack = None
     }
}

It is important in your case that you need to define a symmetry
operation that relates both atoms in question. There is a trick to get
it in Coot but I forgot (Ralf knows - he showed me at some point) - I'm
sure it was on phenixbb a few times in the past.

After this everything should work.

Pavel.