[phenixbb] r-work and r-free for specific resolution range(s)

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 4 14:12:39 PDT 2010

  Hi Kay,

0) I guess by FC you actually mean Fmodel, see page #6 here
http://www.phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/pavel_refinement_general.pdf

1)
you can ask phenix.refine to output Fcalc, Fmodel, Fbulk, FOM, alpha,
beta, TestFlags, Fobs  etc...

Example that does just this (after bulk solvent correction and
anisotropic scaling):

phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz strategy=none
main.number_of_macro_cycles=1 export_final_f_model=mtz

or

phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz strategy=none
main.number_of_macro_cycles=1 export_final_f_model=mtz

2) I will add detailed R-factor statistics output as part of
phenix.model_vs_data tool.

3) phenix.refine chooses the amount of resolution bins based on
availability of free-R flags (so each relatively thin resolution shell
receives not less then ~150 test reflections). By the way, "150" or so
is the parameter that you can change. Apart from cosmetics (the amount
of output bins) this will influence the refinement too.

Let me know what exactly you are trying to achieve and I will think how
we can accommodate it in available tools.

Pavel.