[phenixbb] autosol

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 11 13:27:23 PDT 2010

Hi Ghani,

Try this:
Why do I get "None of the solve versions worked" in AutoSol?

If you get this or a similar message for resolve, first have a look at
LAST.LOG if it exists in your AutoSol_run_xx_ or AutoBuild_run_xx_
directory. The end of that file may give you a hint as to what was
wrong.
The next thing to try is running one of these commands (just kill them
with control-C if they do run):
phenix.solve
or
phenix.resolve
If these load up solve or resolve, then they basically work and the
problem is probably in the size of your dataset, some formatting
issue, or the like.
If they do not run, then the problem is in your system setup. If you
are using redhat linux, try changing the option of selinux to
selinux=disabled in your /etc/sysconfig/selinux file.

If that doesn't solve the problem, let me know!
All the best,
Tom T

On Aug 11, 2010, at 1:14 PM, Abd Ghani Abd Aziz wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Just been trying to run autosol for SAD data with the new phenix
> (1.6.4-486) on ubuntu, but I get an error message:
> Failed to carry out AutoSol_scale_and_analyze_mad:
>
> None of the solve versions worked
> xtriage appears to run OK, and I get the same error with unmerged or
> merged scalepack data.
>
> The same files in 1.6-289 (admittedly on OSX) work fine.
>
> I wonder if there is a known problem with this version of phenix?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>
> Ghani

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB