[phenixbb] advice for refinement with anomalous information

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 26 21:51:51 PDT 2010

  Hi John,

what you have found in FAQ is for the command line version of phenix.refine.

In the GUI you most likely see something like

"""
Anomalous scatterer group (1)

Atom selection :
"""

So you need to type atom selection string in "Atom selection : " prompt.
It should select your CD atoms. Something like this

element Cd

or

chain X and resname LIG and name CD

For more examples of atom selection syntax see phenix.refine manual
section "Atom selection examples":
http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm

Let me know if you have any questions or problems. Also, you can send me
a PDB file and I will reply back with the directions on how you should
select your Cd atoms.

Pavel.