[phenixbb] 0.00 Refined Isotropic ADPs

Joseph Noel noel at salk.edu
Tue Aug 31 15:40:13 PDT 2010

Hi All.

Me again! LOL I am sure this has come up and related to how the "B-factor" in the refined PDB's ADP column is calculated including the overall anisotropic B-factor, etc but is it unusual to have isotropic ADPs refine to 0.00? I have several nice structures with 0.00 isotropic ADPs. I am not refining TLS or anisotropic ADPs at all. Just the normal course of refinement. These are regions of a high degree of order and the maps are beautiful but just wandering what the 0.00 ultimately means particularly when I eventually submit to the Protein Data Bank.

Joe

P.S. Nat's tips on COOT and Phenix are working beautifully now! Thanks Nat!
Joseph P. Noel, Ph.D.
Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Professor, The Jack H. Skirball Center for Chemical Biology and Proteomics
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
10010 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA  92037 USA

Phone: (858) 453-4100 extension 1442
Cell: (858) 349-4700