[phenixbb] anyone with a scalepack file with R3 or R32 using rhombohedral axes?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 21:40:44 PST 2010

I'm looking for a little help from the phenix user community.
Does anyone have a scalepack output file with data in space group R3 or R32
using rhombohedral axes, i.e. unit cell parameters a=b=c, alpha=beta=gamma?
What is the space group symbol in the file?
I'm only interested to know this for files that are the direct output of
scalepack.

I'd like to verify that this part of the scalepack documentation is actually
true:

http://www.hkl-xray.com/hkl_web1/hkl/manual_online.pdf
Page 139:

146 R3  R3 in hexagonal setting
446 H3 R3 in primitive setting
155 R32  R32 in hexagonal setting
455 H32 R32 in primitive setting

If this is actually true, it is the exact opposite of what's used by the PDB.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Ralf