[phenixbb] reflection outliers detection in phenix.refine

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 8 12:06:06 PST 2010

  Rongjin,

outliers detection and rejection was inspired by this paper
R.Read, Acta Cryst. (1999). D55, 1759-1764.

and the paper by R.Agarwal's (197?/198?) mentions this too.

You can always turn this off using "main.outliers_rejection=False" if
you believe it's necessary.

It's probably the quality of your data that causes the amount of
outliers you quote.

Pavel.

PS> FYI: I got your email sent off-list and I always get the emails sent
to phenixbb, so there is no need to duplicate them.