[phenixbb] Loop fitting question

Luke Rice luke.rice at utsouthwestern.edu
Fri Dec 10 11:40:14 PST 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to see if I can save myself some time by using the loop
fitting tools in Phenix. I think I am stalling out because of a trivial
problem, but cursory googling, etc, has not helped. Sorry if I should
have tried harder. I appreciate any help.

I am using the gui, dev-601. My fasta sequence gets read fine because
the output reports the sequence of the missing residues. Whether I use
the loop library or not, I get the following error:

Unable to find suitable gap to fill

Then it appears to try to build the loop using sequence from a different
chain (I have three chains in my structure).

What am I doing wrong?

Luke

--
Luke M. Rice