[phenixbb] Secondary structure restraints - where to specify file using GUI?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 20 12:40:32 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Luke Rice
<luke.rice at utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
> I tried what you suggested (dragging my ss restraints file into the input
> area), and it does not seem to be working (i.e. my edited restraints do not
> show up; also the filename never appears in the box). I tried changing the
> fsuix to .eff or .def or .txt, none worked. If instead I drag my restraints
> file onto the phenix.refine icon, I get a warning about 'this application
> does not support the filetype ...'.

Hmm, sounds like a parser issue.  A handy tip: to check the syntax of
a Phenix parameter file (for any program, not just phenix.refine), you
can run this command (replacing params.eff with the file of interest):

libtbx.phil params.eff

If it works, it will just print out the parameters - if not, the error
message should give some indication where the error occurred.  (Or you
can just send me the file off-list.  Perhaps I should add this
function to the GUI too?)

-Nat