[phenixbb] MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch between PHENIX and Coot

Ben Eisenbraun bene at hkl.hms.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 29 22:01:32 PST 2010

Hi Ralf,

> Could you try editing the file
>
> $PHENIX/phenix/phenix/command_line/start_coot.sh
>
> It is a short file. In the middle you'll see a list of "unset"
> statement. Does it solve the original problem if you add
>
> unset MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

That works fine, but there's still something a bit odd going on.  If I add
an "echo $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET" to that file, it prints 10.4, but if I
run phenix.python and then "os.getenv('MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET')" it's
unset.

So it's being set in the environment somewhere in PHENIX prior to Coot
being run?  But not in a straight PHENIX python environment?  It's probably
not a big deal, but I don't like not understanding the problem fully; it
makes me less confident of the solution.  :-)

-ben

--
| SBGrid Consortium                          | http://sbgrid.org       |
| Harvard Medical School                     | http://hms.harvard.edu  |