[phenixbb] omit map with twinning?

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 17 15:28:30 PST 2010

On Feb 17, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Francis E Reyes wrote:
> I've yet to run into a case where an omit map on atwinned crystal gave reasonable maps. I'd love to hear the outcome of this.

For what it's worth, I just tried my own suggestion using the merohedrally twinned porin structure in the "examples" directory.  Here is the omit map with no twin law applied in refinement:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~nat/img/phenix/omit_twinned.png

With twin law:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~nat/img/phenix/omit_detwinned.png

I thought this was reasonable - certainly much better than without the twin law.

Nat