[phenixbb] weights optimization, add hydrogens

Ursula Schulze-Gahmen uschulze-gahmen at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 23 10:19:58 PST 2010

I am refining a 2.0 A structure in Phenix using mostly the graphical
interface. The maps are very good and the R factors are low
(0.208/0.173). But the geometry is not so great with bond deviations of
0.208 and Angle deviations of 1.85.  What is the best thing to do to try
to improve the geometry. Should I try to optimize the weights?

The other question is about adding hydrogens to the model. I did add
them in a previous refinement cycle. After rebuilding the model in coot,
most of the model still has the hydrogens in the input file for the next
refinement cycle, but some residues and waters don't have hydrogens.
When I tried to add hydrogens again to the model, I got an error message
about atoms being to close. Does Phenix know where to add hydrogens if
the input model has already hydroegns on many residues?

Thanks

Ursula

--
Ursula Schulze-Gahmen, PhD.