[phenixbb] weaker density in maps

David Garboczi dgarboczi at niaid.nih.gov
Fri Feb 26 14:29:08 PST 2010

We sometimes build model into density at ~0.8 sigma, refine, and the
Rfree becomes lower.  So we believe that we put model where it should
be.

Running the same data and same model in phenix under default
conditions at the command line, we obtain maps that do not show the
weaker features in which we believe in CNS.

We are wondering if we can believe the weaker density or is it that
we are not toggling something on in phenix.

We routinely view the phenix-generated maps after transforming them
to dsn6 files in mapman.

thanks,
Dave