[phenixbb] NCS restraints

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Feb 28 12:02:53 PST 2010

      selection = chain C and sidechain
      selection = chain D and sidechain
      coordinate_sigma = 0.05
      b_factor_weight = 10
    }

where:

  - "ncs = True" tells phenix.refine to use NCS restraints during
refinement;
  - "find_automatically = False" tells phenix.refine to use the NCS
groups definitions that you supplied, otherwise it will either define
them automatically from scratch (if nothing is supplied) or adjust user
defined selections if necessary;
  - "coordinate_sigma" defines the strength of coordinate NCS restraints
(smaller the coordinate_sigma - stronger the restraints);
  - "b_factor_weight" defines the strength of B-factor NCS restraints
(bigger the b_factor_weight - stronger the restraints).

Of course you can be more selective as shown in Maia's example. I will
improve phenix.refine manual on this subject.

Let me know if you have questions.
Pavel.