[phenixbb] text output for model quality and validation report at phenix

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 4 11:28:53 PST 2010

Hi Ravi,

to get a plain text list of map CC computed per residue or per each atom
you can use one of these two command line tools:

phenix.model_vs_data model.pdb data.hkl

or (if you want to have more options and flexibility), type:

phenix.real_space_correlation

hit Enter, and then follow the instructions.

Note, in both options, in addition to getting map CC you will also get
2mFo-DFc and mFo-DFc printed for each atom or residue. These are very
useful map quality measures that are complimentary to map CC. Example:
sometime even a very weak density, say at sigma 0.1, can produce a high
map CC, and if you just look at map CC you will miss it. So, I believe
it is useful to look at triplets (CC, 2mFo-DFc, mFo-DFc) for each atom
or residue, and this is what the above tools give you.
Of course, you get it from GUI as well.

Pavel.