[phenixbb] [ccp4bb] Adding H in refinement

Schubert, Carsten [PRDUS] CSCHUBER at its.jnj.com
Wed Jan 13 10:55:55 PST 2010

Hi Pavel,

sorry I hijacked the thread a bit... A question about the riding Hydrogens and their B-factors. I noticed that at least with earlier versions of PHENIX the B-factor of the Hydrogens was not fixed to the B-factor of the bonded atoms. If I would generate the Hydrogens in reduce they would inherit the appropriate B-factors, but during the course of the refinement and rebuilding they would start to diverge, sometimes drastically. Are you saying the current implementation restrains the B-factors to the bonded atoms and forces them to be equal or are they just inherited and are allowed to float afterwards?

Cheers,

	Carsten