[phenixbb] Iodide scattering factor

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 14 14:19:25 PDT 2010

  Hi Owen,

no, it's not the case anymore: phenix.refine uses the charge, and this
is available in phenix build 1.6.1-343 or higher. The charge must be
defined in PDB file:

Example:

HETATM  711 ZN    ZN A1400      -1.928 -11.394 -27.827  1.00
17.21          ZN2+

To be sure it works, in the phenix.refine output, look for:

   Number of scattering types: 6
     Type  Number    sf(0)
      Zn2+     2     28.00 <<<<<< HERE
      S       13     16.00
      Na       2     11.00
      O      240      8.00
      N      113      7.00
      C      442      6.00
     sf(0) = scattering factor at diffraction angle 0.

Pavel.